Related Posts with Thumbnails

BLOG HEADER

Chiaki (Hiroshi Tamaki) & Nodame (Ueno Juri) from Nodame Cantabile the movie (2009)

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Haeundae


Did I mentioned that today (Sunday) was my lucky day? I even got to watch Haeundae after borrowing the movie from my cousin this morning. Oh, it's my second Ha Ji Won's movie for the day ^^.

for recaps/ spolier/ info from Wiki.. [read here]

Although it's about natural disaster, I love the side stories that went along before the tragedy struck. When most films (referring to Hollywood's) with the same interest mostly/ usually stressed on how they coped with the preparation of the disaster, Haeundae made us getting more connected with the roles with everyday stories about families, loves and interests reminds me how real life went.. I think at least 60% of the movie covers that.

Therefore, later... I felt the pain and the loss more than that tensed feeling when the tsunami came. Me and my hubby however can't help it but laugh at that one guy's pure luck (the guy who drove the truck, yelled at his poor mother on the phone, strained on the bridge and later was "pushed" to save others).

Personally, I was touched when Hyeong Sik (by Lee Min Ki) saved his own "rival" which led to his own death. *sob sob*



I also learn that Haeundae refers to a place and does not means tsunami ^^.

It's not really the best movie around but it's still worth to watch.

Rina-chan, I agree with you that this is an OK movie.^^

But I'm not sure if my mind was still overshadowed by The Duelist while watching this *sigh*

2 comment(s):

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

Yay for Lee Min Ki. He's so adorable and also pitiable when he was 'tortured' by the girlfriend. Hehe..

Rae 래 - れ said...

rin-chan:
yalah.. very sad his ending kan? he really did not deserved that. *sigh*