Related Posts with Thumbnails

BLOG HEADER

Chiaki (Hiroshi Tamaki) & Nodame (Ueno Juri) from Nodame Cantabile the movie (2009)

Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Duelist

For more info at Wiki, [click here]
all photos credit to HanCinema

I had been searching high and low for this. It's my lucky day. My heart is still tingling even after hours watching this. Truthfully, the only reason I was anticipated about this movie since years back (pity me huh for only found it now!) was merely because Ha Ji Won and the awesome poster. Ah, should I say I was a sageuk junkie as well? tehee~~ And reading Thundie's review about this awesome masterpiece made me putting in all effort to find it!

Ha Ji Won as Namsoon.
This side of JiWon is one of my favourite apart from HwangJinYi. She's AWESOME!!

Kang Dong Won as Sad Eyes aka Seulpeunnun.
The only other roles that I had seen him was in 1% of Anything. I love this side of him so... much better.

I had so much to say that I just don't know where to start. I love this movie to every BIT of it so much that it drove me speechless. I can watch this again and again and again.... Even the movie itself did not have much lines to listen at. You just had to fix your eyes straight to the screen. This movie seriously gave me the message that "silence is indeed golden".. or perhaps even better.

In a way, this movie remind me the earlier scene of Fung Wan (a Wuxia comic later adapted to famous Storm Rider) and Mulan.

I can get weak at knees at the sight of artistic sword fighting and metaphor way of speech. You might see me drool over them. ^^ That's why when Seulpeunnun asked Namsoon, "Why are you following me? ..." with his sad, somber and almost deep voice... Rae's melting.. over and over and over... Now I have another favourite on actor for their voice beside Jang GeunSuk*wink*.

If you're worry about this movie being too serious, it won't. Namsoon had her own gag but still somehow, Seulpeunnun transformed that moment and sent me to "la la land".





Never a duel had gave me this kind of excitement before. ^^



The ending was exquisite*wink* but just can't stop me from wonders, another ending just like Malaysian's Puteri Gunung Ledang? Nevertheless, this is by far the best korean movie.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

2 comment(s):

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

I remember I've seen the trailer of this movie before and really wanted to watch it. But somehow I've totally forgot about it. Thanks to you, now I think I'll search for the movie. It does look interesting to me. I like this kind of genre anyway.

Rae 래 - れ said...

rin-chan:
owh... you MUST WATCH this!!! hehehe. If you manage to find an original DVD.. do tell me ^^