Related Posts with Thumbnails

BLOG HEADER

Chiaki (Hiroshi Tamaki) & Nodame (Ueno Juri) from Nodame Cantabile the movie (2009)

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Itaewon Murder

Horror or violence genre was never my favourite. However, I will watch it if it involved brilliant investigation lines such as CSI:Crime Scene Investigation and Criminal Minds though I'll skip and close my eyes for scenes that show too much of blood (yup, I'm a little bit of Haemophobia). Sometime, I pass and endure it IF there are things that I like about the story or movie or drama. In this particular movie.. it's all about Jang Geun Suk *faNoona-ing*.

Anticipated watching GeunSuk as a murderer suspect? Nope, more like excited to watch him speaks his English lines^^. The verdict--> not bad!

Again, I watched this almost RAW (the full sub still not up but luckily there's lines in english). It's hard to enjoy it to the fullest when most of the scenes were either in the court or in the investigation room. Therefore, they spoke more un-familiar words to Rae's vocabulary. Despite that, Rae had a nice eye-feast on her favourite candy boy! lol~~~

In that case it wouldn't be fair to rate this movie since I wouldn't have known if the investigator/ police/ prosecutor/ lawyer did a brilliant job. Having seen this... I can understand why Jang Geun Suk did not awarded with the Best Supporting Actor. Sadly, his roles were not strong enough portrayed as a psychopathic. It's almost there, but still quite not there yet. JGS' smirk and chilly smiles however did give me a creepy feeling. The scenes were convincing but lack the thrilling which made it almost dull. This movie more likely showing the flaw in the whole investigation system. The finale was suddenly filled with anti-climax which of course strengthen the idea of weak investigation.

Watch ONLY if you're JGS's hardcore fan or you really REALLY love investigation type with less action and filled with heavy lines. Other wise, ABORT! Seriously! Now, don't say I didn;t warned you ^^.

A trial to find the real murderer between two friend;
Pearson (by Jang Geun Suk- above) and Alex (by Sin Seung Hwan- below)


and I thought the "Lie detection" machine can solve the case.
The below reading was belong to Alex.

3 comment(s):

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

Oh wow.. thought of watching this soon.. But, I guess I'll take a raincheck on this ^^

My pieces is in the verge of abandonment.. hmm.. maybe will start again after YB craze. Maybe.. must be..

Rae 래 - れ said...

rin-chan~
alala... don't be like that lar. probably too occupied with YB, QSD & CD altogether ne? ^^

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

Yup i think so hehehe.. i'll try my best ne..