Related Posts with Thumbnails

BLOG HEADER

Chiaki (Hiroshi Tamaki) & Nodame (Ueno Juri) from Nodame Cantabile the movie (2009)

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Sora wa Akai Kawa no Hotori (The Sky by the Red River) - after thought

I just learned that this story also known as Anatolia Story and it's rated as PG manga (Parental Guide is advisable since its contains "stuff" that in-appropriateable for children- it's afterall contained war scene and others)

There's still a few volumes to go but I have to be patience waiting for it to be uploaded online. As up to volume 25, I found that me myself have grown some good feeling with the main character, Yuri. At last the "naively" lines from her (of course made up by the mangaka) are gone *gosh*. Yes, I do know that the manga purposely doing that but I just seem to be carried away when I'm reading. This manga gets a double thumbs up from me. It is HIGLY RECOMMENDED!

And since I am "quite" done reading right now, I am at peace of doing some review of the manga.

Personal short introduction to the story; Yuri Suzuki (main character) was magically transported to the ancient time in order to be used by a Queen of the Hitite empire, Queen Nakia as a sacrifice to kill the other princes in order to make sure her own prince (Prince Juda) have a clear way to the throne. Yuri however managed to escape and stumbled upon with Prince Kail Mursili (future king) who were known as a womanizer (but actually have a great dream for his own country). Yuri later on "by mistake" taken as Ishtar (goddess of love and war) by the people simply by having her knowledge of history and other things... (she's after all from the future yah people). She then help Prince Kail get the best prospect of being the future King by leading the Hittite empire having a numbers of allies (thanks to all the princes with future king prospect from other countries that fell in love with her *hohoho* ; that includes Pharoah Ramses I).

While reading the first quarter of the story, I really cannot predict either Yuri will stay in that era or will she goes back to the time she belongs (from the future). I must say that Chie Shinohara-san made up a briliant plot with great drawing as well. Everything was done well. As for Yuri's naive lines that I hated in the beginning, I came to my sense *cough* that she was 15 at the age she was "sucked" to the Hittite kingdom and it's acceptable that she had that naive thinking and mind *smile*.

Reading manga as well means I might fell with some character from the story *hehehe*, and those who won my heart are non other than Prince Kail himself (the later King Mursili II), Ilbani (Prince Kail's personal advisor, a great planner, and a great singer too - *I'm so carried away..hehhee*), and of course Urhi Ramses (the later Pharoah Ramses I). My heart throb every time I saw them on those pages... ermm, pardon me there *hehehe*.

For you who are considering to read this manga, I suggest you go ahead. HOWEVER, be warned that this story had 28 volumes and consists more than 100 pages per volume. PLUS, it is unknown when the other 3 volumes will be up (though the manga had ended published in Japan in 2002). Well, actually the english translation will be around by october and the final episode will be up January 2010 (and I have to wait for the kind and generous people around to get my source). As for me.. I am a manga addict and I seriously can handle that *giggle*, ehemmm along with checking the spoilers ahead that is *smile*. Enjoy!!!

p/s: I am seriously tempted to have copies of this "in my hand".

0 comment(s):