Related Posts with Thumbnails

BLOG HEADER

Chiaki (Hiroshi Tamaki) & Nodame (Ueno Juri) from Nodame Cantabile the movie (2009)

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gokusen

I read the manga and the movie is already out. I promised some that I should watch the drama version first before I proceed with the movie.

And so I did and.. I had a few thoughts on this dorama but everything mixed up in my mind at the time being. Well, let me start with something that some might wondered:

Has MatsuJun managed to capture my heart as Sawada Shin?

To the first timer with me, you should know how much LOVE I have for the manga-Sawada Shin [read here]. He's one of the superb male character in manga. Now.. about MatsuJun as Shin, urghh.. how should I put it in word? Let just say that it's not a love at first sight. I needed more time than I thought to click with this SHin. The "look" was there alright but something about him or was it something that he lacked off which lead to the feeling of distance between my heart and this SHin. Well, that's how I felt while watching the earlier epi.

HOWEVER, after episode 8, my heart and mind made peace with MatsuJun being Shin (told you I needed more time *hehehe*). If you wondered WHY? It must be the different story plot between the manga and the on-screen series itself. Some basics of the story differs to what I'm used to. The Kuroda family's lawyer that Yankumi should had crush for ages was not in the dorama (replaced by the police officer-Shinohara)... neither was Shin's gorgeous older brother (replaced by a younger sister in the dorama). I preffered the manga version of Fujihara sensei as well.

At this rate, I'm enjoying the dorama as it is since the dorama itself was fun and entertaining at no doubt. My brain is ALMOST been RESET and I'm at the stage of "not looking forward upon any memorable scene from the manga" to be in any series of Gokusen drama (including Sawada SHin being called Young Master Red Lion*sigh*). Yukie Nakama as Yankumi was good. She's hilarious.. much more than the manga version. But the younger Yankumi really reminded me of the younger Yankumi in the manga. Her voice.. her face... her aura.. (aiseh...)

Will I proceed with Gokusen 2 & 3 later? Yes, definetily.

and the Movie? Sure, why not!

I must however RE-ANNOUNCE my view, thoughts and hope since Shin's characther will not be around till the end of Gokusen's series. I DID mentioned that Gokusen will not be Gokusen if there's no Shin. Look like Shin was not in the main picture of Gokusen on-screen like in the manga from the start*double-sigh* (Shin's did not even scored as an important role in the "sport day" story while in the manga, he's the one who "brought honour to class 3-D"). However, in a good way.. I felt relief since I still can't accept of seing Shin ended with Yankumi at the end in the manga. Fated to be from the start??? urggghhhh..

0 comment(s):