Related Posts with Thumbnails

BLOG HEADER

Chiaki (Hiroshi Tamaki) & Nodame (Ueno Juri) from Nodame Cantabile the movie (2009)

Friday, April 17, 2009

DragonBall Evolution- Personal Review

I said before that I WILL DRAG oppa to watched DE [read here] so I was extremely excited when we went to watch DE last night. Despite of the critism I read, I try to be positive about it. I even insist that we left home early so we wouldn't miss it. However, the verdict was.. so-so. I wouldn't say it's bad but it barely hold me tight to my chair. Yup.. it ALMOST bored me. Luckily Chow Yun Fatt was Master Roshi! Now people, I WAS NOT BORED by the fact that the storyline was different from the manga but because some of the plot I found un-plotted well. Well, I am not a professional in this field so am telling you from a regular person point of view (yup, commoners' level^^)

Might contained spoilers so read at your own risk!

As the light inside the mini-cinema went out, I told myself not to compare the movie to the manga (which I found it so hard to do *gosh*)

It started with a short brief intro about the balls... and Picollo... and the demon (forgot the name)... The funny thing was (I found it funny), it mentioned that Picollo was sealed or held in captive so the world have a peace life for like 2000 years... BUT suddenly Picollo was released/ freed/ got himself freed??? what the ****???? Who released him? How did he got himself freed? Then along with with that high-tech of ship some more... Did I miss something? TELL ME!

Then Picollo was on his quest for the balls in order to conquer the world. I mentioned that it's not a bad movie though right? The special effect enlightened me. Yes... I smiled and chuckled (not sure the reason though) with the effects. Then there's Goku, Gohan and Cici... Cici's character was cute.. I couldn't ask for more. She's okay... ermm I let her pass along with Gohan and Goku (surprise-surprise>> hehehe). But the Goku introduction part (before he met Master Roshi was almost a little way draggy to me. I started thinking "How long has this movie started?".. and that's bad! So.. eventually Picollo came and killed grandpa Gohan... while Goku was enjoying himself with Cici. The party thingy... typical Hollywood. Nothing more to say.

Then came Bulma. I was impressed by the look of the vehicle she had out of the capsule BUT!!! vroomm...vroomm... ?? My jaw dropped! It's just a regular on-road vehicle?? Hello!!! We're talking about a vehicle from the Capsule Corp here! Yamcha's jeep awed me more! Gosh!!!

Now, let skip everything and move towards the ending (yeah.. am pretty bored myself now). The Kame-Ha's scene was not that bad although I'm expecting a better fighting show-off. A single big blow of Kame Ha did not satisfied me enough. I NEED MORE!!! Even the way Picollo died was not so tragic. I was like.. He's dead already?? *sigh*

The dragon... owww!!! Not the dragon! The dragon DOES NOT look impressive at all! Come on! I was expecting the dragon to speak *major turn off- LOL*! And BIGGER size if you don't mind! We're talking about Shun Long here!

Well, the movie did not trigger my "oohh and ahhh" or even a "wow". I wonder why. Was one hour 15 mins was not enough to tell the whole story? Should the production team opt for a three hours running instead or do they don't have a strong plot from the beginning and already knew that three hours will send the viewers to boredom!

oo! Before I ended it here.. Picollo did not actually die (major spoiler!!) so there probably will be a sequel later. Hmm... Will I be as excited as before?? I don't know. *sigh*

2 comment(s):

rin-chan 린- 찬 said...

OMG.. That bad huh *hehe* It's been ages since I've gone to watch movies in cinemas. Looking forward to watch DE on Astro, whenever that maybe hahah..

elcynthia 엘신티아 said...

rinchan~ did I made it sound really bad? hahaha... Unless you're a major hollywood fan, I dont really recommend this one.