Related Posts with Thumbnails

BLOG HEADER

Chiaki (Hiroshi Tamaki) & Nodame (Ueno Juri) from Nodame Cantabile the movie (2009)

Friday, February 6, 2009

Goose's Dream and The Ugly Duckling

I love reading The Ugly Duckling. Why wouldn't I since it was written by my fav Hans Christian Andersen after all. It's such a beautiful-sad story with such a pretty ending. Ah yes, my kind of idea of another romantic story I would say *smile*.

If you read my Full of Sunshine post, you might came across to Goose Dream song. Ah yes.. how I love this song nowadays... The singer wasn't that pretty (the song titled Goose's Dream anyway) but it's a beautiful song and she sang it beautifully as well (Insooni's not that young anymore but like the elder said, dont judge the book by its cover). I can imagine the ugly duck looking, gazing and admiring the beautiful swans without knowing that he was a swan too. ah yes... he had that dream... *dreaming*.

A result of my love on the Ugly Duckling and Beethoven Virus = Goose's Dream.. enjoy *wink*


(credit on waseline21 for the video)

Btw, I will not post the Hangul Lyrics nor the romanize lyrics. But in case you can read Hangul or want to sing to the tune, you can get it at here though.

English Translation taken from soompi forum

A Goose’s Dream / A Swan’s Dream
Translation by x3Yesung of Soompi

I have a dream,
Even if I’m thrown away or ripped to shreds
Deep in my heart
I have a dream as precious as gem

If by chance, without a reason,
Somebody ridicules me behind my back
I should be patient
I would wait just for that day.

As you always worry,
You say that foolish dreams are poisonous.
Just like a book that tells us about the end of the world
There’s the reality that we can’t turn back already

chorus:
Yes I have a dream.
I believe in that dream
Please watch over me
Standing in front of that cold wall called fate
I can firmly face it

One day I will pass over that wall
And be able to fly
As high as the sky
This heavy thing called life can’t tie me down
At the end of my life,
On the other day that I can smile, let’s be together

0 comment(s):