Related Posts with Thumbnails

BLOG HEADER

Chiaki (Hiroshi Tamaki) & Nodame (Ueno Juri) from Nodame Cantabile the movie (2009)

Friday, April 23, 2010

Pasta



A blogger friend, Redge recommended Pasta some time ago. She's an almost-all-Jdorama girl turned into the ONE whose suggesting kdrama to watch *atta girl* \(^o^)/



This drama was about a woman who aspired to be a chef. To be precised, she was inspired by her love towards pasta and some loving memories of her late mother. Gong Hyo Jin (as Seo Yoo Kyung) was the chef wannabe also had a hate-and-love relationship with her head chef, Lee Sun Gyun (as Choi Hyun Wook). Later as feeling evolved, coping with work professionally at the kitchen was one of the hurdle that they had to cope.


Personal afterthought:
The first half was very entertaining. VERY. It's getting slow at the middle but pick up the pace back again. The cold war moment and misunderstanding between the Italian team and the Korean team was quite a draggy but luckily they ended it nicely. The owh-must-have-entanglement between the main lines was nicely, sweetly and lightly sort off without making it such a drama. It's a perfect drama to enjoy the morning sun (urghhh... what am I saying) and surely made your tummy rumbly just looking at the food(a little bit of Pooh the bear 's love ^^).

Although I didn't fancied Gong Hyo Jin, Lee Sun Gyun was enough to make me hooked to this drama. I love everything about this man; his gesture, his facial expression, his voice... man was he one superb actor. He's definitely the man of this show.



cold war between
Italian Team (above)
vs
Korean Team (below)

ahh.. I almost forgot to mention about Noh Min Woo as Philip (the Italian team). He is so pretty and even made this ahjumma jealous of him *green eye*. Even my mom said he was too pretty even for a lady when she saw him in The Star Golden Bell Challenge at KBS World recently.
The beautiful Noh Min Woo ^^

As closing, I finally found my connection of the short memory of mine. I am indeed a goldfish... well atleast my memory span is. Lucky though I did not have the memory of the elephant :)

3 comment(s):

redge said...

Hehe...an almost-all-Jdorama gurl...dat is going towards Kdrama more nowadays. :-P Look at wat I'm currently hooked to? Another Kdrama - PT! Hehe.

I am still very much a Jdorama fan, but right now, they haven't got anything good enuf to get me hooked. It's been a disappointing season really. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next season with Kimutaku's "Tsuki no Koibito".

Nway, same reason why i continued watching Pasta till the end - Lee Sun Gyun! Superb acting. I grew a fancy for him since Coffee Prince actually. Although he's not your typical good looking-gorgeous-hunk of a lead male, he has got his charm that makes you get drawn to him, slowly but surely ;-)

I liked the Italian team! They are much too beautiful to look like a cook. Hehe. More like models oh. Hah! But still, I they were minor reasons why i watched Pasta as well.

Rae 래 - れ said...

redge,
I was about to label you "partially converted to Kdrama", but I know the Nippon's root still strong deep down in your heart ;).

yay!!! I'm so loving Lee Sun Gyun. totally agree with every statement you made. he's awesome wasn't he? and yeah.. the Italian team was too beautiful to handle. hohoho~~

btw, I googled "Tsuki no Koibito".. sound interesting :)

redge said...

Keeping my fingers crossed for Tsuki no Koibito. I know KimuTaku won't go wrong in his acting - he's one of the best out there you know - give him any role, from silly to a player to a prime minister to a villain - anything, he sure will be able to pull it off. I'm just hoping the script/ plot wud be good.